Baitul Aman Maktab uses the Safar Publication Curriculum found in the UK. A brief description of Safar curriculum is as follows:
Safar Publications has developed and honed its curriculum over the last 15 years. The curriculum is structured into four distinct syllabuses, all aimed at giving learners a firm foundation in their Quranic reading and understanding, Islamic knowledge, spiritual development and in grasping the Arabic language. Our curriculum includes Qāidah, Tajwid, Juz Amma (Learn to Read Series), Duas and Surahs (Learn by Heart Series), Islamic Studies (Learn about Islam Series) and Arabic (Learn Arabic Series) related publications. All our publications contain many innovative features and interconnections, to ensure students learn in an engaging, steady and coherent fashion. Our publications are based on traditional Islamic sources and understanding and are also shaped by effective educational theories and practices. Most importantly, they are a result of practical feedback from students and teachers across the world, including our very own staff and students at Safar Academy. One of our core values is seeking perfection and quality; because of this, our curriculum and comprehensive support services are continually improved and refined, ensuring that we stay ahead of the curve and meet the needs of learners and educators in today’s ever-changing world.
- PART OF A CURRICULUM – Islamic Studies series is that it is part of a curriculum composed of four parts, which cross-link with each other. The other three parts being Tajwīd, Memorisation and Arabic
- CUMULATIVE KNOWLEDGE – The series aims to cumulatively build children’s essential Islamic knowledge, cultivate good character and instill God consciousness.
- CORE SUBJECTS – Elements from all core subjects are covered in this book: Qurʾānic stories, Islamic tenets of faith (ʿaqīdah), religious rulings (fiqh) and major episodes from the life of Prophet Muḥammad, as well as areas of personal development, in an age-appropriate manner.
- EXTENSIVE REFERENCES – All textbooks contain extensive references from the Qurʾān and aḥādīth and all stories are always built only on material from Qurʿān and ḥadīth.
- FULLY ILLUSTRATED – The full colour and illustrated editions have been developed to ensure that it is enjoyable for children as well as being comprehensive and reliable.
- CLEAR LESSONS – Special attention has been given to ensure that the content is not only relevant to children but that the lessons and morals are also comprehendible and engaging for each age category.
- CUMULATIVE LEARNING PATH – All books in the series follow a cumulative learning path; a solid practical knowledge base is built before theoretical concepts are added and expanded upon.
- SCHEMES OF WORK – Each textbook comes with schemes of work and has a workbook with two tiers of assessment, based on Bloom’s Taxonomy of learning objectives.
- PRACTICAL LESSONS – Practical lessons have been clearly marked to ensure that different learning modes are utilised during teaching
- CLEAR THEMES – To ensure gradual and logical progression, textbook lessons have been grouped into themes as well as containing Safar’s own week structures.
- REINFORCED LEARNING – Central elements, such as God consciousness and manners are constantly revisited throughout the series to ensure broadening of knowledge as well as reinforced learning.
- REVISION – All the textbooks contain sections dedicated to core revision as well as revising key concepts and content from the previous year.
- ACCOMPANYING WORKBOOKS – Workbooks have questions designed to encourage thought, expression and connection with the teaching material.